A Guide to Obtain General Trading License in Dubai
Dubai is firmly establishing itself as one of the most important global corporate hubs
all over the map. Its much-coveted geographic location and infrastructure have rightly
marked its wide regard among global entrepreneurs. If you are planning to launch a
trading company in Dubai, the first move will be toward acquiring a general trading
license as per the UAE business setup process. Businesses in Dubai can perform all of
their trade activities under a single licence by obtaining a general trading licence. This
article will help you to follow the right steps to gaining a general trading license in
Dubai. Browse through it.
General Trading License : An Overview
With a general trading licence, you can sell a variety of things including clothing,
accessories, and gadgets. A general trading corporation is not constrained to a
particular type of trade. It can operate under a single licence throughout a range of
The Department of Economic Development Dubai permits a start-up business in the
UAE with a general trading licence to export, import, or trade all items aside from
those that are controlled and must adhere to health and safety regulations, such as
pharmaceutical products, frozen foods, and firearms.
Procedures to Obtain a General Trading License in Dubai
A local sponsor, who is an Emirati, was needed in the past for a foreign businessman
to establish a general trade company. Previously, the ownership structure for this
arrangement was 51-49, with 51% of the shares signed over to the local sponsor and
49% remaining with the foreign owner.
However, as a foreign business owner, you can now maintain 100% ownership as well
as 100% earnings of your general trading firm according to recent changes made to
the Commercial Companies Law (CCL) by the UAE government.
Steps to Obtain a General Trading License in Dubai
The following stages are involved in the process of requesting a general trading
- Deliver all of your paperwork to the DED
- Request a government payment voucher
- Pay the required fees
- Get your general business licence
Here is the list of documents needed for obtaining a general trading license in Dubai
Documents Needed to Apply for the General Trading License
If you are a resident of the UAE
- Passport copy
- UAE residence-visa copy
- Emirates ID copy
If you are a non-resident of the UAE
- Passport copy
- UAE visit visa copy
Benefits of General Trading License in the UAE
- You can easily conduct business both domestically and abroad if you choose to
apply for a business licence in Dubai's mainland. This includes both the mainland
and free zones.
- Additionally, if your trading firm generates income and you begin to consider
expansion, you will be able to apply for and secure visas for staffs.
- You’ll have 100% ownership of your business
- A physical office is not a mandatory requirement to get the license
- No restriction on the number of activities or products undertaken under one
- Get the license by not being physically present in the UAE
Why Al Arabiya?
- Depending on the needs of your general trading firm, we provide several starting
- We assist you in selecting activities while fully ensuring their inclusion in the trade
- We assist you in obtaining the necessary outside approvals for your company
- We help you identify the best jurisdiction by outlining the advantages and
disadvantages of mainland and free zone permits.
Place call today to know more about acquiring a general trading license in Dubai.