Dubai has been setting high standards as a top business destination for entrepreneurs and investors from all over the world. Every day, more and more business people and investors are flowing to the Emirates attracted by its favourable business climate. Back then, it was a wee more difficult to start a business on Dubai Mainland. However, the country now benefits from pro-business laws, a manageable regulatory environment, rapid business approval and a favourable timeline which has made Dubai mainland a favourite location for startups. There won’t be a better time than this to launch your business on the Dubai mainland. Start your 2023 by kicking off a company in Dubai mainland. The first step to stay away from all the legal and administrative processes is to consult a trustworthy business set-up partner like Al Arabiya. Before connecting with us, here is a comprehensive guide to starting a business on the mainland.

How to Form a Mainland Company in Dubai

We can claim that the process of registering a business on the mainland of Dubai is both straightforward and intricate. But there is no doubt that if you go about it the right way, it is incredibly easy and straightforward. Here are some simple steps to bloom a new business in this new year.

1. Choose your sector of business activity

If your company activity has already been chosen, you can just skip this step. But choosing the business activity is frequently a difficult step. You cannot move further without deciding on your line of business because you will need to list it when you apply for a Dubai mainland licence later on.

2. Publish your trade name

Your company’s trade name needs to have the DED approval. The name of the company and its emblem are to be both included in the trade name. The trade name must adhere to the rules established by DED for the establishment of mainland businesses. We can help you to reach out to the right one.

3. Find a nearby sponsor

When you decide to start a firm in a free zone, you won’t ever have to worry about the issues related to a local partner. But, this is not the case with mainland business formation.To be your local sponsor on the mainland, however, you will unquestionably require an Emirati or merely a citizen of the UAE. You will be given full operational control over your business, but ownership of the shares will prevent this from happening. 51% (at least) of the company shares will be owned by the local sponsor, with the remaining 49% vesting in the ex-pat. The majority of the shares in the firm will always be legally owned by the shareholders. The connecting factor between the expatriate and the local partner will be a mutually agreed-upon annual fee.

4. Obtain the first approval

The first approval is crucial for the rest of the document processing. However, this is not a ticket to begin trading. To conduct the trading activity, a business licence is precisely required. Before first approval, foreign investors must get a certificate of permission from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs regardless of whether they invest in it or not.

5. Register with DED

The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the primary regulatory authority for mainland company establishment, as we have already stated. The department is the business registration and licence-granting authority of the Dubai mainland business formation. Therefore, to begin in mainland Dubai, you need to register with DED.

6. Verify the business address.

You must provide the Dubai Municipality with proof of your office address. This is the last action you must take to form a mainland firm. As the sole agents of mainland business formation in Dubai, the entire Al Arabiya crew will be there for you to make your business formation smooth like butter. We are a call away from you. Ring us today!