Planning to start a cleaning services company in the heart of Dubai? Congratulations! You’ve come up with a great decision. Cleaning services is one of the most sought-after and moving businesses in the UAE. The teeming metropolis of the UAE is filled with millions of busy professionals who are switching between their office and home. Finding time for the routine cleaning tasks in between seems nigh on impossible. Well, hiring a full-time house help might be a solution, but not so cool as it often hurts your pockets. Here is the turn for cleaning service companies. A large part of the population in the UAE is depending on cleaning service companies for a tidy home and office environment. This has rightly made the sector boom.  

Types of Cleaning Services

The cleaning services sector renders an assortment of opportunities as it is a huge sector with a lot of divisions. It can be mainly divided into residential cleaning, commercial cleaning, and industrial cleaning. Each of these divisions has further sub-divisions of specializations. Here we are going a little deep into the divisions.  

Residential cleaning services:

Residential cleaning is an inevitable category because of its wide acceptance. This category tackles cleaning of your home spaces. Your bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and other home spaces no longer haunt you being ugly. Residential cleaning is done by using basic cleaning equipment.  

Commercial cleaning services: 

Commercial cleaning services deal with commercial places including office spaces, retail stores, hospitals, buildings, etc. This service is more economical compared to residential cleaning services as it uses more advanced equipment for cleaning. But, cleaning quite large areas can be done with the assistance of cleaning services more effectively.

Industrial cleaning services:

It is always hard to clean and maintain factories, warehouses, and other industrial buildings. In this case, you can seek the help of an industrial cleaning service without second thoughts. Industrial cleaning requires tailored pieces of machinery, chemicals, and other solvents. Industrial cleaning ranges from commercial waste clean-up to hazardous waste clean-up. The type of cleaning and machinery for cleaning varies according to the industries.  

Documents to Apply for a Cleaning Services License

  • Completed application form
  • At least three trade name options
  • Passport copies of shareholders
  • Entry stamp or visa page of foreign shareholders
  • NOC from the current sponsor, if the shareholder has a residence visa
  • Additional approvals, if any, listed by the DED
 

How to Start a Residential Cleaning Services Business in Dubai?

The company must register with the Department of Economic Development (DED) for starting a residential cleaning service in Dubai. You will get the license of the respective cleaning service from the department. Based on the Shareholding pattern, the investor can decide on the type of company and license. There are two forms of license for a mainland company. They are;
  1. Professional License
  2. Commercial License
 

Professional License in Dubai – an Overview

  1. 100% Ownership of your business
  2. Register as Sole Proprietorship or a Civil Company
  3. Appoint a UAE national as a Local Service Agent (LSA)
 

Commercial License in Dubai – an Overview

  1. Must appoint a UAE national or Local Sponsor
  2. Local sponsor will own 51% of company shares and the rest 49% by the foreign investor
  3. Company will be registered as a Limited Liability Company(LLC)
     

Steps to Start a Cleaning and Maintenance Company in Dubai

 
  1. Choose the business activity
  2. Select the company structure
  3. Trade name approval
  4. Initial approval from DED
  5. Prepare and sign the LSA Agreement (for Professional License) or the Memorandum of Association (MOA) for Commercial License
  6. 6. Rent a physical office and submit the Tenancy Contract & Ejari
  7. Submit any additional approval if any
  8. Pay the fee and get the Business License
How can we help Contact us to know more about setting up a cleaning and maintenance company. Al Arabiya makes everything painless.  
Chat